If you are interested in becoming a member of the CTES employment pool, apply to the CTES recruitment listing! Visit our jobs Web site, click on Find Jobs and then on the Temporary section. When CTES is in need of new staff members, you'll find the open recruitment listing in the of our jobs Web site.
Summary: Campus Temporary Employment Services (CTES) places employees who have clerical, administrative, service, technical, and other specialized skills in UC Irvine departments that need temporary staff. The majority of these temporary positions are full time and long term.
Assignment locations are:
Temporary employment offers:
- UC Irvine campus
- UC Irvine Medical Center in Orange
Exposure to career opportunities has led to 80% of our temporary employees finding permanent employment at UC Irvine.
- Competitive salaries
- Accrual of sick and vacation time
- Variety of assignments and locations
- Opportunity for skill enhancement
- You may also be eligible for holiday pay and University benefits including:
- medical insurance
- life insurance
- legal and tax-savings programs
We encourage you to apply for career positions if you are seeking long-term employment.
The hiring process consists of:
Length of assignment
- Ongoing screening of applications by CTES Staffing Specialists
- References and background checks
- Skills assessment
- Formal interview
End of assignment
- Most assignments are full time, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. until 5 p.m.
- Assignments may vary according to the needs of the hiring department.
- When you know your assignment will be ending, please call your Staffing Specialist and let him/her know the date you will be available for a new assignment. Your Staffing Specialist will begin looking for a new assignment for you.
- You will be paid bi-weekly on Wednesdays by CTES.
- You may have your paycheck mailed to your home address or deposited directly into your personal bank account.
Purchase a parking pass if your assignment is on Campus or at the Medical Center. Visit the UCI Parking office website for more information or call (949) 824-5060.
Need an expert? Contact a CTES Staffing Specialist, (949) 824-5210.
Notice: University policies, procedures and applicable collective bargaining agreements shall supersede information in this document or elsewhere on this site.