How to apply for a job at UCI
|- Applications ||There is no limit to the number of jobs for which you can apply.|
- Review the qualifications for positions carefully.
- Apply only for those positions for which you are qualified.
|- Updating your profile||
- The changes you make on your applicant profile will not be reflected on past application submittals.
- Simply log in and update your profile online. Save the changes and you're finished!
|- Cover letter||A cover letter is optional. It is often recommended so that you may briefly highlight some of the reasons why you are interested in the position. |
|- How to know if a position is still open ||As long as the job is posted on our Jobs website, you can apply to the job for consideration: |
- Recruitments will be posted for a minimum of 10 business days and can close anytime after those 10 days.
- If the position is not listed on this website, it is either closed or filled.
|Uploading a resume or cover letter after you have applied ||If you were unable to attach a resume or cover letter at the time you applied, you may go to the summary of the job description of which you applied and click “Apply for This Position”. This will allow you the option to upload a resume and cover letter.|
- Please note this option is only available while your application status reads “Application Received”.
- Once your status has changed to “For Department Review” you will no longer be able to upload documents.
|- E-mailed resumes do not count as an application||All candidates for staff positions must apply directly online to be considered. Resumes are not accepted in-person, by fax, or email. |
- You may attached your resume/cover letter to an application.
- You will be able to create a profile/application account, apply to recruitments, attach a resume and/or cover letter, and view the status of your applications in real time all from our Jobs website.
|- Internal recruitments||Only current UC Irvine employees may apply to internal postings. The summary of the job description will indicate whether or not it is an internal position. |
What is the status of my application?
|- Status of application||We appreciate your expressed interest in working at UC Irvine. You can view the status of your applications in real time. Please refer back to our UC Irvine Jobs website. |
- The interviewing and selection aspects of the recruitment process are decentralized and take place at the department level by the department's appointed selection committee.
- If the committee is interested in interviewing you after reviewing your application, a representative will contact you directly, most likely via telephone. The recruiters do not have further information beyond that point.
|- Explanation of 'Pending Dept Review' ||When your status is 'Pending Dept Review' your application materials have been made available to the hiring department for their review and consideration.|
- If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted directly by the hiring department, most likely via telephone.
Tips regarding your application
|- Temporary positions||The posting for UC Irvine’s Campus Temporary Employment Service is usually open on the main UC Irvine’s Jobs website the first five business days of each month. |
- Due to the very high volume of applicants, there is no guaranteed response or interview.
- If you apply to the temp service, your information will be kept on file for that calendar year to be considered for temporary assignments.
- There is no need to check in with the recruiting staff once your application is submitted.
|- Academic Personnel||
Academic Personnel can be reached at (949) 824-7175 or please view the AP website for more information.
|- Security of information in your profile||Access to your application materials is restricted to the Employment Staff in Human Resources and the hiring department to which your materials have been forwarded for consideration. |
- You should never include information such as your social security number, bank account, or credit card numbers with your application materials.
|- No work samples with resumes ||Please do not include work samples, publications or other materials with your application. These will not be considered at the time of application. Instead, please bring these items to an interview session. |
|- Password ||Don't worry about forgetting your password – simply click on the link located under the login, which asks you “Forgot your password”? Your password will be mailed to your e-mail address. |
|- Notification of a hiring decision||Hiring departments may take 4 weeks or longer to review applications.|
- Due to the large volume of applications we receive, we are not always able to reply to everyone as quickly as we would like.
|- Applying for jobs at other UC Campuses||You may browse the job openings at other UC locations. Each location has an application procedure for you to follow. |
|- Investigate available internships||Access a complete online listing of available internships at the UCI Career Center's Internship Central
- Note that internship listings are for current UCI students (and sometimes UCI alumni) only.
- For more information, call (949) 824-6881.