|What you should do||How you should do it|
|1||Should you renew a Blanket Purchase Order?|
- Review the BPO Overview
|2||Review previous year's usage|
- See Report UCPO*100 in the Electronic Document Library (contact your Departmental Security Administrator for access).
- Go to PALWeb - contact your Departmental Security Administrator for access
- Login using your UCInetID
- If you haven't activated it, you can do so at: http://activate.uci.edu
|4||Select the Applications tab and then select PALWeb|
- If you experience any problems with this step, please call the Help Desk, (949) 824-2222.
See the PAL User Guide for using PAL instead of PALWeb
|5||Locate expiring Blanket Order.|
- Select "PO Selection".
- Enter number in "Purchase Order" field and select "Search".
- In "Selection Type" drop-down window choose "Copy Blanket Order (B) to Requisition (D)" and press the button to the left of the original Blanket Order number (not the amendments).
- A pop-up window reminds the user to verify the effective and expiration dates of the new Blanket Order.
|6||Verify existing information on 'Copy Header' screen and change as necessary|
- Follow directions on transaction screens to complete the renewal process.
A red asterisk (*) indicates a required field
|7||Verify existing information on 'Copy Item' screen and change as necessary. |
- The Description box contains information from the previous year's Blanket Order including standard instruction codes. These codes, which are 3 digits followed by an * in the 4th position (e.g. 123*), define standard terminology used in purchasing documents and should not be changed or deleted.
- To view the full text associated with each code select Standard Instructions from the 'Value List'. Enter the 3 digit code of the standard instruction you wish to view.
- If you need to make standard instruction changes be sure to change information only between the asterisks (*).
The effective and expiration dates and the previous year's Blanket Order number are copied to the Description box of the new requisition.
|8||Forward sole source justifications and any documentation received from the vendor (including renewal notices, quotes, insurance certificates, etc.) to the Purchasing Department - ZotCode #4530. |
- Write requisition number on all documentation to be forwarded to Purchasing.
For detailed PALWeb instructions on completing transactions see the User Guide