|What you should do||How you should do it|
|1||Report the loss or damage promptly. An adjuster will be assigned.|
- Follow instructions in How To Report Damaged or Destroyed Property
How To Report Lost or Stolen Equipment
All loss or damage must be reported within 24 hours of knowledge of the incident.
|2||Identify the damage or loss and submit the report.|
- Identify the full extent of the loss or damage.
- Contact UCI's Claim Administrator, Sedgwick, immediately by calling (800) 416-4029 and pressing '1'. Operators are available 24/7.
- Use the Property Damage or Loss Report for assistance in answering the questions asked by Sedgwick's operator.
|3||Provide Risk Management with information concerning the loss.|
If the damage or loss is equipment and the loss was due to theft, identify whether it was on the Theft Deductible Buy-Down Program.
- For equipment or furniture:
- List property ID or serial numbers and obtain proof of purchase (purchase orders and invoices) for the damaged or lost item(s) if available.
- Work with insurance adjuster to resolve claim.
- For insured buildings or structures:
- Provide documentation, including photos, of the damaged areas.
- Work with adjuster to complete repairs required to return the area to the condition it was in prior to the damage.
- Send all the loss and repair or replacement documentation to Risk Management and provide an account, fund, and sub for funding or reimbursement.
- Send Risk Management all claim documentation relating to the incident as it is received.
All claims must be documented promptly to ensure coverage.
|4||Keep in touch with Risk Management throughout the claim process.|
- Risk Management, 250 Public Services Building, ZotCode 4530, Fax (949) 824-2141