|What you, the employee, should do||How you should do it|
|1||Log into the DEFT Application|
- Use your UCInetID and password to log into the Web DEFT application.
- Access the DEFT application
|2||Create A Security Question|
- Select a security question to answer from the drop down menu.
You will be asked to answer this question upon return to DEFT.
|3||Select Delivery Method|
Direct Deposit Election:
- If you elect to receive your payroll earnings through direct deposit, you will be required to provide information for the following fields:
- Routing Number
- Account Type
- Account Number
- Please note that if your bank is not recognized in DEFT, you must contact the Payroll Office at (949) 824-4568 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Paper Check Election:
- If you elect to receive your payroll earnings by paper check delivery, review and verify the Payroll Earnings Statement, and check "I Agree."
|4||Review and Confirm|
- Review and verify all terms of service, and select "Submit." You will receive an email sent to your UCI email account as confirmation of your election.