SNAP was decommissioned at the end of May.

You will be redirected to the new site in 5 seconds. Please update your bookmarks to point to

SNAP : HOW TO: Make an Employee Name Change
Skip to Toolbar
Skip to Tabs
Skip to Search
Skip to Content
HOW TO: Make an Employee Name Change

Summary: If you have legally changed your name, you first need to change your social security card and driver's license and then enter the change in PPS (Payroll Personnel System) and other applicable UC-managed systems.

What you, the employee, should doHow you should do it
1Take the necessary steps to change your name on your social security card and DMV records.
  1. Contact Social Security
  2. Contact California's DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles)
2Change your name in PPS (Payroll Personnel System)
  1. Inform your DBR or supervisor:
    • Contact your Department Benefits Representative (DBR), personnel representative,
    • Ask your immediate supervisor if you do not know who your contacts are.
3Change your name in the UCI Electronic Directory
  1. Send an e-mail to stating your old name and new name (The UCI Electronic Directory will be updated once the change you have made to your name has been verified in PPS).

4Change your UCInetID (if desired) and e-mail
  1. To change your UCInetID, read the UCInetID Change Policy.
  2. Fill out and submit the UCInetID Change form.
  3. Contact your departmental computing support coordinator to change your e-mail address.

OIT (Office of Information Technology) will contact you if the change was approved or not.

5Change your name on your benefits record
  1. Once your name change has been successfully recorded in PPS, the information will be sent to the insurance carriers and the retirement office automatically.
  2. To make any other changes to your benefits (insurance plans, dependents, etc.) please contact your DBR.
  3. Follow up with your insurance plans to verify that they have your new information.
  4. If you've had a change in family status, update your beneficiary information online at
6Obtain a new Identification Card
  1. Campus Employees
  2. UCI Medical Center employees

UCItems may charge a fee to replace your ID card.

Need an expert? Contact a payroll representative.

Notice: University policies, procedures and applicable collective bargaining agreements shall supersede information in this document or elsewhere on this site.

Author: N/A Last published: N/A