|What you, the employee, should do||How you should do it|
|1||Take the necessary steps to change your name on your social security card and DMV records. |
- Contact Social Security
- Contact California's DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles)
|2||Change your name in PPS (Payroll Personnel System)|
- Inform your DBR or supervisor:
- Contact your Department Benefits Representative (DBR), personnel representative,
- Ask your immediate supervisor if you do not know who your contacts are.
|3||Change your name in the UCI Electronic Directory|
- Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org stating your old name and new name (The UCI Electronic Directory will be updated once the change you have made to your name has been verified in PPS).
|4||Change your UCInetID (if desired) and e-mail|
- To change your UCInetID, read the UCInetID Change Policy.
- Fill out and submit the UCInetID Change form.
- Contact your departmental computing support coordinator to change your e-mail address.
OIT (Office of Information Technology) will contact you if the change was approved or not.
|5||Change your name on your benefits record|
- Once your name change has been successfully recorded in PPS, the information will be sent to the insurance carriers and the retirement office automatically.
- To make any other changes to your benefits (insurance plans, dependents, etc.) please contact your DBR.
- Follow up with your insurance plans to verify that they have your new information.
- If you've had a change in family status, update your beneficiary information online at http://atyourservice.ucop.edu.
|6||Obtain a new Identification Card|
- Campus Employees
- UCI Medical Center employees
UCItems may charge a fee to replace your ID card.