|What you, the employee, should do||How you should do it|
|1||Determine who qualifies|
- If University business-related travel meets funding requirements, travel advances may be made to, or on behalf of, the following travelers:
- Visiting Scholars
- Independent Contractors
- Advances can be made directly to the traveler, agencies, companies or other organizations, depending on the nature of the expenditure.
|3||Create a Trip # in PayQuest|
- Use PayQuest, the online check request system.
- Select the Travel tab, and then the Trip #/Advance option.
- Choose Add New Trip #, and then complete the trip information.
- If you require access rights to PayQuest, check with your DSA (departmental security administrator).
|4||Process travel advances|
- To initiate an advance for a trip, find your Trip # in the log
- Click on the paper and pencil icon.
- Choose the Process Advance option at the bottom of the Trip # screen.
- All advances paid to the traveler should be classified as "Advance Reimbursement"
- For direct vendor payments choose the appropriate category, such as "Airfare" or "Registration"
|5||Manage travel expenses with the UCI Corporate Travel Card |
- The UCI Corporate Travel Card program is also used to manage travel expenses.
- Often this provides sufficient time for people to pay for expenses ahead of time and to obtain reimbursement after the trip.
- If the Corporate Card payment is due prior to the trip a PayQuest advance can be used to make the payment directly.
- Final accounting for all advances made for each trip must be made within ten (10) days of return by completing a PayQuest Travel Voucher.