|What you should do||How you should do it|
|1||D0 you need a Blanket Purchase Order (BPO)?|
- Review the BPO Overview
|2||Request access to PAL (Purchasing/Accounting Link) online system|
Use e-Login to obtain a Login ID and password for PAL and other administrative systems.
- Follow departmental procedures for getting approval to access campus administrative systems.
- The DSA (Department Security Administrator) will grant access using SAMS (Security Access Maintenance System).
|3||Obtain and review internal requisition|
- Check for authorized signatures/approvals based upon departmental policy.
Training is available but not required. Login to the UC Learning Center to see available courses.
|5||Enter requisition data|
- In SNAP, select the Applications tab, then PALWeb.
- Select Requisition (D).
- Refer to User Guide for detailed information regarding PALWeb.
- Complete and authorize online requisition.
- Send relevant documentation, noting the Requisition number, to Purchasing (quotes, sole source justification, etc.)
- Although discouraged, if prepayment is required, complete 'Check Request Form' and send to Purchasing. Include the Requisition # in the Purchase No. field.
Once the requisition is authorized online, it will print in the Purchasing Department for processing.
|7|| Retain departmental documentation|
- Documentation consists of:
- Internal requisition
- Hard copy of purchase order (Optional)
- Copy of invoice
- Quotation / competitive quote if applicable
- Proof of delivery (packing and/or delivery slip)
- Additional notes, if applicable
- Documentation must be maintained according to UC Records Disposition Schedule. It may then be disposed of in recycle bins or trash receptacles.
|8||Renew a Blanket Purchase Order|
- Review the instructions for renewing a BPO