The UC BOI provides a core educational program for UC business managers to explore:
Summary: This systemwide institute was developed for those with broad decision-making and/or supervisory responsibility or accountability for academic or administrative department for budget, finance, internal controls, human resources, systems or sponsored projects, and who are at the PSS or MSP levels.
Qualified UCI applicants must have the following:
- The Business Officer's role at the University of California.
- Operating principles, policies, and expectations for local practice.
- Expectations for business conduct across all locations.
Scheduled Dates and Location
- Fall 2013
- Full-time career status with a current, satisfactory (or better) performance evaluation.
- One or more years of UC service as of the application deadline.
- Current unrepresented staff classified at the Professional and Support Staff (PSS) or Managers and Senior Professionals (MSP) level.
- Broad decision-making and/or supervisory responsibility or accountability in an academic or administrative department for budget, finance, internal controls, human resources, systems or sponsored projects.
- Supervisor support and approval.
- NOTE: Any candidate who has previously attended a northern or southern session of the UC BOI is not eligible.
- Dates: Monday, October 21 through Thursday, October 24
- Location: Irvine Marriott
- UC BOI Is offered once per year, alternating locations in northern and southern California
Orientation for Selected Participants
- The Office of the President (UCOP) covers all the program and meal costs of the Institute, which includes breakfast, lunch and breaks, as well as the Opening Dinner on Monday, October 21, 2013
- UCOP will not cover the cost of transportation, hotel lodging, parking, or dinners on October 22 and 23.
- Participants may choose to stay at the Irvine Marriott at the specially negotiated rate of $149 plus tax per night.
**DATE CHANGE**If you are selected to attend the UC BOI, you are strongly encouraged to attend the UC BOI Orientation here at UC Irvine. The UC BOI Orientation will take place Tuesday, October 1st, 3:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m., in the Harut Barsamian Colloquia Room (EH 2430).
For additional information about training, please refer to the Training and Development main menu.
Need an expert? Contact Desiree Fleming, Training and Development Coordinator, UCI Human Resources, (949) 824-6912.
Notice: Where the information presented in this document or elsewhere on this site is in conflict with University polices, procedures, or applicable collective bargaining agreements, the terms of those University policies, procedures and agreements shall govern.