The UCI BOI provides a core educational program for UCI business managers to
Summary: The UCI institute was developed both to augment the systemwide institute and to provide early career campus Business Officers the opportunity to develop an understanding of current UC Irvine strategic issues and directions.
- Augment system-wide UC BOI training
for campus Business Officers
- Develop an understanding of current UC Irvine strategic directions and issues
- Enhance problem-solving skills related to the Business Officer's Unique role
- Enhance decision-making skills using a broad framework of planning, internal controls, risk management and ethical perspectives
- Network with other UC Irvine business officers and dialogue with UC Irvine Senior Management
Qualified applicants must have the following:
- Broad decision-making and/or supervisory responsibility or accountability in a campus academic or administrative department for budget, finance, internal controls, human resources, systems or sponsored projects
- Current unrepresented staff classified at the Professional and Support Staff (PSS) or Managers and Senior Professionals (MSP) level
- Full-time career status with a current, satisfactory (or better) performance evaluation
- One or more years of UC service as of the application deadline
- Previous UC Irvine BOI attendees are not eligible
- Supervisor support and approval
Applicants who have attended the system-wide UC BOI are highly encouraged to apply to the UC Irvine BOI.
Participation in the systemwide UC BOI is encouraged, but not required.
Scheduled Dates, Times, and Location for the Winter 2013 Institute:
Sessions will be held 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. each date in the UCI Student Center: Balboa Island A. All sessions are required as part of the Institute.
- Wednesday, February 6
- Wednesday, February 13
- Wednesday, February 20
Program Topics Include:
- Human Resources
- Financial Management
- Long Range Development and Sustainability
- Enterprise Risk Management
- Business Continuity
- IT Security
- Audit, Control and Compliance
- Change Management
- Process Improvement
- Conflict Resolution
- Sponsored Projects
- Teamwork and Communication
- History of Higher Education
- Submit the UC Irvine Business Officer Institute (UCI BOI) Winter 2013: Online Application.
- The Applicant's supervisor must complete a UCI Business Officer Institute (UCI BOI) Winter 2013: Supervisor Recommendation. Applications will not be reviewed without a completed "UC Irvine Business Officer Institute (UCI BOI) Winter 2013: Supervisor Recommendation."
- The priority application deadline is Wednesday, January 23, 5:00 p.m.
- Applicants submitting applications with supervisor recommendations by the priority deadline will be notified via email to their UC Irvine email account of the selection decision by Friday, January 25, 2013.
Additional applications will be accepted on a rolling basis through Friday, February 1, 2013 pending space availability.
- Applications with supervisor recommendations received after the priority deadline will be reviewed on a rolling basis with final selection notifications by Friday, February 1, 2013.
Need an expert? Contact a UCI Human Resources Training and Development expert at HRTraining@uci.edu, or (949) 824-6283.
Notice: Where the information presented in this document or elsewhere on this site is in conflict with University polices, procedures, or applicable collective bargaining agreements, the terms of those University policies, procedures and agreements shall govern.