July to November:
Departments develop proposal
|During July to November the department /school develops a Course Materials and Services Fee (CMSF) proposal by preparing:The proposal should adhere to appropriate policies, internal review, and student consultation.|
Directors/Deans approve proposals
|In December the relevant Director / Dean approves the proposal and forwards it to the Budget Office for review.|
January through February:
Review of CMSF proposal
- From January through February, the Student Fee Advisory Committee reviews the CMSF proposal.
- The Committee forwards its recommendations to the Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost via the Budget Office.
- The Budget Office handles the CMSF proposal by:
- resolving any issues with the department
- completing the review and
- forwarding its recommendations to the Executive Vice Chancellor for approval.
March to June: |
Publication of, and creation of accounting procedures for, the CMSF
- During March to June the Department/School receives final approval for CMSF from the Budget Office.
- It publishes the CMSF in the Schedule of Classes and in the General Catalogue.
- Together with the Budget Office, Accounting, and Financial Services, the department /school establishes the accounting procedures for the CMSF income and its:
- distribution and
Issue annual report
- By September of each year, Departments must provide the Budget Office with an annual year-end report on the prior year’s CMSF income and expense (Attachment B and Attachment C).
- Departments should fully and accurately document the cost of:
- support services associated with each course
- Departments must ensure that fee revenue is expended only for approved course materials.